Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the project “EU4Skills” to fill the position of the
Chernivtsi Regional liaison officer (full time, Chernivtsi region)
The project “EU4Skills” supports the reform and modernize the system of Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Ukraine. The project is going to support the creation of the conditions for modern teaching and learning and will improve the quality of VET and its relevance for the labour market, contributes to sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development via better economic governance, increased diversification and higher labour productivity. The project will provide technical support and capacity development to the Ministry of Education and Science and the National Qualification Agency, as well as to regional administrations and education providers. The project will strengthen social partnership and structures such as regional VET councils to improve links between VET and employers from the public as well as the private sector.
Area of responsibilities:
- Coordinate the planning and monitoring of project activities in cooperation with the Chernivtsi regional administration, VET Councils and other stakeholders
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities of GIZ and other implementing agencies in the Chernivtsi region
- Support the collaboration of regional administration, VET schools and private sector in the planning and implementation of the VET reform in the Chernivtsi region;
- Assist in contract management, including the preparation of terms of references, monitoring and reporting;
- Prepare, coordinate and document meetings and events on regional level;
- Report on progress of VET concept implementation on the regional level;
Requirements to candidates:
- Extensive previous experience in working with institutions and initiatives in the education area, preferably within the VET sector;
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or equivalent qualification preferably with a focus on project management, education and employment;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in project management, planning and monitoring, grant and contract management;
- At least 3 years professional experience in education development, sustainable economic development, employment promotion;
- At least 3 years’ experience in facilitating cooperation projects between government agencies and private sector;
- Experience in establishing and maintaining business relations, strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of English language. Ukrainian is required.
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good self-organisation skills;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Full-time position with 40-hours working week until July of 2021.
- Frequent travel in the project region and to Kyiv is required.
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English before 21 November 2019